ProsA wide array of betting marketsMultiple customer support optionsExtensive betting options
ConsWebsite looks clusteredLimited bonus offeringsWithdrawal methods could be improved
William Hill is one of the oldest and biggest bookmakers in Europe and North America. The online bookie has been around for over 80 years and started out as a chain of betting shops in the UK before moving on to become one of the leading online options among bettors around the world.
To further increase its market dominance, William Hill expanded its casino and sports betting services to the state of Michigan. Michigan players can now gamble on a wide variety of sport betting events including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and more.
Though William Hill launched recently (in January 2021), it has managed to impress players with its constant bonus offers, swift payment methods, and multiple customer support methods.
If you’re interested in knowing more about William Hill Sportsbook and what it has to offer, stick around as we provide you with in-depth details of this bookie.
Is William Hill Sportsbook legal in Michigan?
Yes, it is. William Hill Sportsbook holds an operating license from the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB), the online casino and sports betting regulator of the state. This indicates that William Hill is legally allowed to offer its services within the State of Michigan. It was authorized on Friday, Jan. 22, 2021.
Players that wish to place bets on sports offered by the operator must be within the age of 21 or above and be residing within the state of Michigan.
William Hill Sportsbook’s Welcome Bonus
Like most online sportsbook operators. William Hill entices new players with a generous welcome package. New clients are in for a treat thanks to the huge risk-free bet of up to $2,021 sponsored by the bookmaker.
Here is how it works.
- You would have to register a new William Hill account using the promo code “WHRF”. Once registered, you need to get your account details verified.
- After that, you’re required to place a wager on any of the available sports on the platform within 7 days of opening your account. Once done, you will be offered a risk-free bet of up to $2,021 if you lose your first wager.
- The free bet offered must be used by the Participant within 7 days from the day it was awarded or it would expire.
William Hill Sportsbook best features
- William Hill Sportsbook offers a wide array of betting markets giving players all the options they would need when it comes to placing bets. From Olympics, Horse Racing, Rugby League to Pool, the sportsbook area comes packed, and fortunately, you won’t have a hard time navigating through the options.
- William Hill gives players a slew of options to reach out to the customer contact team if they ever need assistance. You get live chat, phone, email, and social media platforms to make a complaint.
How could William Hill Sportsbook improve?
- The William Hill Sportsbook website might look too disorganized for the average player. There are tons of options to pick from which makes it a bit tough to place a wager. The overall layout should be improved.
- William Hill Sportsbook bonuses don’t stick around too long even though they do have a lot to offer. The operator can do better in this area by extending the validity periods of its offers.
Sports app review
The William Hill Sportsbook mobile app is designed to allow for on-the-go sports betting. It features a user-friendly interface that is lightweight and responsive so you don’t have to worry about glitches and lags regardless of your mobile device type.
In-play betting and several other advanced features are available on the app though you won’t find some features such as live data feeds.
William Hill Sportsbook App is available on both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded and installed from their respective app stores.
Sports you can bet on Michigan
- Australian Rules
- Rugby League
Michigan Teams you can bet on
Detroit Red Wings
Established in 1926, the Detroit Red Wings are an American professional ice hockey team. They compete in the National Hockey League.
The Detroit Pistons are an American professional basketball team based in Detroit. They compete in the National Basketball Association and play their home games at Little Caesars Arena.
Founded in 1930, the Detroit Lions are an American professional basketball team competing in the National Football League. The team plays its home games at Ford Field.
The Detroit Tigers are an American professional baseball team in Detroit, Michigan. The club was founded in 1894 and competes in the Major League Baseball.
Betting Markets, Types of Bets & Sports betting
A parlay bet is a single bet that links two or more wagers. To win the bet, the players must win all wagers listed in the parlay. Losing just one wager means a player would lose the entire bet. The benefit here is that winning all wagers would award a higher payoff than wagers placed individually.
A teaser bet is a type of wager placed in football or basketball games in which the point spread is adjusted by extra points in the player’s favor on more than one game. This could be up to 14 points in football and up to 5 points in basketball.
A future bet is a wager placed on a sports event that will happen in the future. It could be, for example, to predict which team will win the next season’s pro football championship game.
A proposition bet focuses on the outcome of events with a certain game. Props are usually offered on high-profile games like major college bowl games and championship games. A prop bet could be as simple as predicting the team that will score the first touchdown.
Round Robin Bet
A round robin bet is a series of parlays.
Types of Bets
The point spread is represented as a margin of points by which the preferred team must win to cover the spread. 11 to 10 odds are usually offered in this type of bet.
Money Line Bet
The money line overlooks the point spread. It represents the odds of a team winning the game without the point spread. This bet is expressed in a 3-digit number.
A full-time bet
A full-time bet is a simple bet that predicts which one of both teams will win the game. This bet can only be won if the chosen team wins the game. If the other team wins or the game ends in a draw, the bet would be lost.
A draw bet
A draw bet predicts that the game will end in a draw rather than a win or loss. This bet would be lost if any of either team wins the game.
How to deposit and withdraw at William Hill Sportsbook in Michigan
William Hill Sportsbook supports several payment methods including its own William Hill Prepaid Play+ Card. On the platform, you will find more deposit methods than withdrawals methods, however, all options grant players all the flexibility they need when making banking transactions from anywhere in the state.
|Minimum / Maximum||Process time||Minimum / Maximum||Process time|
|Visa||$20/ N/A||Instant||N/A||72 hours to several days|
|MasterCard||$20/ N/A||Instant||N/A||72 hours to several days|
|William Hill Prepaid Play+ Card||$20/ N/A||Instant||$20/ $5,000||72 hours to several days|
|VIP Preferred echeck||$20/ N/A||Instant||$20/ $5,000||72 hours to several days|
|Online Banking||$20/ N/A||Instant||$20/ $5,000||72 hours to several days|
|PayPal||$20/ N/A||Instant||$20/ $5,000||72 hours to several days|
The deposit process depends on the deposit method used. Generally, you can make a deposit in this order:
- Log into your William Hill account
- Navigate to the cashier page
- Choose your preferred deposit method
- Follow the prompt on how to set up your deposit option
- Type in the amount you wish to deposit
- Make the deposit and confirm
To make a withdrawal, follow these steps:
- Log into your William Hill account
- Navigate to the cashier page
- Choose your preferred withdrawal method
- Follow the prompt on how to set up your withdrawal option
- Type in the amount you wish to withdraw
- Make the withdrawal and confirm
Customer Support & Help
William Hill Sportsbook scores nice points when it comes to customer support. The sportsbook gives players a nice selection of options to choose from when contacting the customer care team. Players can reach out to the William Hill support team through the following mediums.
- Email: [email protected]
- Live chat: (24/7)
- Phone: 855-754-1200
Safe, Security and License
William Hill Sportsbook utilizes state-of-the-art security measures to ensure the safety of players on its platform. It employs SSL encryption which safeguards the personal information and banking details of its players from being stolen by third parties.
The operator also uses Geo-blockers to limit the use of its services to players in Michigan while including safety features like Gambling limits in accounts to ensure players don’t involve in harmful gambling practices.
License and Partnership
William Hill Sportsbook in Michigan is licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB), the state’s regulatory body that ensures all online casino and sports betting sites follow the right practices that will ensure Fairplay and customer safety.
How to open an account
New players will find it extremely easy to open a William Hill Sportsbook account in Michigan. This can be done on any platform by following the steps below.
- Visit the William Hill Sportsbook website and click on the Register button at the top-right of the homepage.
- The registration form will then pop up. Fill in your personal details and contact information (Name, Date of Birth, Cell Number, and Email). Then click “Next“.
- On the next page, you will have to set up your password, security questions, the last 4 numbers of your SSN, address, promo code (if any), and tick the terms and conditions box
- With all that done, you can click “Submit” to complete your registration
- Your account will be verified and you can log in to your William Hill account.
Does William Hill offer live betting?
Does William Hill offer Spending Limits?
What is GeoComply?
Why Do I Need My Social Security Number to Sign Up?
As far as online sports betting goes, William Hill Sportsbook doesn’t fail to impress in every category as it provides impressive features to players in Michigan. New users will find the welcome bonus quite generous while existing players can key in on the recurring promotions. The platform’s extensive betting options and sports events are also a welcome feature giving sports lovers more than they will ever need.